Saturday 12 November 2011

Versace for (all) the ladies.



This post is slightly overdue as I've been a busy Peaver etc. (so I hope you haven't been waiting too anxiously to view it my loyal following of one). Anyway here's the womenswear produce of the Versace and H&M romance. Ms. Versace and H and M put on a big show in New York on Tuesday to celebrate their brief love affair.
Royalty was represented in the form of two Princes, however HRH Queen Wintour was M.I.A. Prince Pelayo joined blog buddies like Bryan Boy and fashiontoast, while Prince and Nicki Minaj serenaded Mark Ronson, Blake Lively, Alexander Wang, Jessica Alba, Uma Turman, Versace's own Christopher Kane and other fortunate guests.
Like I said in the previous post on Versace for the boys overall the collaboration has been a great success. It represents the Versace archives and is a lovely homage to the late Gianni. Donnatella described it as "The Greatest Hits".
While I'm enamoured by most of the ad campaign I find two outfits slightly dubious. One is a confusing two toned blue, floral print dress with matching cut off leggings; the other is a cushion. You'll see what I'm refering to when you scroll down! While you're free to wander around in outfit that doesn't meet my taste I feel obliged to urge you, please don't take inspiration from the lookbook and start wandering around wearing only household objects. I have to discourage trying the naked holding only a cushion ensemble. It's best left for the clinically insane or within the confines of the boudoir and certainly not for the public.
Cha-cha-check Pharaoh Pea's top fives along with the video of the ad campaign and the show in full way down there.
Versace for H and M goes on sale online and in stores on Thursday 17th November
Ciao, Ciao,
Pharaoh Pea

All photos copyright of H&M/Versace



 
  
 
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment